Monday, October 22, 2007

Fifth Assignment!

I've had a favorite band since I was probably in the seventh grade. Incubus is by far the most moving band to me. Their incredible musicians, and gorgeous human beings. One of my all time favorite songs can relate to different changes in my life. It motivates me and reminds me that I need to stay on my feet in any situation.

"Nowhere Fast"
Will I ever get to where I'm going?
Will I ever follow through with what I had planned.
I guess it's possible that I have been a bit distracted
and the directions for me are a lot less in demand.
Will I ever get to where I'm going?
If I do, will I know when I am there?
If the wind blew me in the right direction
would I even care?
I would.
I take a look around; it's evident the scene has changed.
And there are times where I feel improved upon the past.
Then there are times when I can't seem to understand at all
and yes it seems as though I'm going nowhere....
really f**king fast.

Another great lyric is from a Pepper that I've been familiar with for a few years now. It defines to me throughout the whole song that having problems with friends, and family not understanding you can be hurtful.
"Too Much"
Catching my breathe is the term I use when the world gives up on me. Can you love or not? The truth finds all of us eventually.

And last but definitely not least is a quote that I use everyday of my life. Its pretty much specifies its meaning.

"CONSTANT IS CHANGE" -volcom stone

I live by "constant is change". I stand by it. Some of my friends can't except some of the things that are happening in their life. I can because everything is constantly changing, and I've come to accept that. ::smile::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incubus is a great band. I thik their music is a little generic, but their lyrics are incredibly powerful - like the Bob Dylan of our generations.

(PS: You've been busy - 10 blogs!)

::grin::